Discover the benefits of membership in Library of America.
Library of America offers a broad range of publishing and public programs that help readers to understand and appreciate the precious legacy of America’s written heritage.
Support from our Members and donors makes this possible.
As a Member, you will join David McCullough, Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Garrison Keillor, Gordon S. Wood, A. Scott Berg, Joyce Carol Oates, Tony Kushner, Junot Díaz, and other notable Americans in supporting the only non-profit organization founded to champion America’s greatest literary and historical voices.
You’ll help us to:
- Publish new, authoritative editions of America’s best writers in the ever-growing Library of America series—widely recognized as the definitive edition of American writing—for generations to come.
- Provide educators with historically significant texts, teaching guides, and other needed resources to connect our young citizens and future leaders with the vital words and ideas that built our nation.
- Curate and deliver our free Story of the Week and The Moviegoer digital subscriptions to readers around the globe—building a wider appreciation for the enduring themes in great literary and historical works.
- Produce programs and events throughout the nation aimed at enriching lives and building a stronger community of readers.
- Help underserved libraries and schools here and around the world acquire the essential writings that have shaped our nation.
Join us in preserving and celebrating the voices of the American experience.